The book iOS 7 By Tutorials is for intermediate or advanced iOS developers, who already know the basics of iOS development but want to upgrade their skills to iOS 7. Learn the new iOS 7 APIs Quickly and Easily!
iOS 7 is one of the most massive and exciting set of changes we’ve seen as developers so far. This means tons of great opportunity for you – the type only seen every 3 to 5 years! However, getting a handle on all of this new technology is a daunting task, especially while trying to update your apps at the same time.
This is where iOS 7 by Tutorials comes to the rescue! In this book, you will be able to learn the new topics in a much quicker and easier way – by following fun and easy-to-read tutorials.
Topics Covered in iOS 7 by Tutorials:
- Designing for iOS 7: Learn how to design your app to fit in with the new minimalistic style.
- Transitioning to iOS: Take a skeumorphic app and convert it to an iOS 7 style.
- UIKit Dynamics: Create user interfaces that feel real by adding gravity, springs, and forces.
- Text Kit: Create dynamic text and text fields, and learn how to create your own eBook reader.
- Continuous Integration: Learn how to set up a server to automatically build your app.
- Networking with NSURLSession: Learn about the brand-new networking API in iOS 7.
- Multitasking: Learn how to keep your app’s data up to date in the background.
- AirDrop and Peer-to-Peer: Learn how to share data with nearby devices.
- What’s New in AVFoundation, Map Kit, and Core Location: Learn about barcode scanning, speech synthesis, directions API, and iBeacon support.
- And more! One thing you can count on - after reading this book you’ll be prepared to take advantage of all the new improvements iOS 7 has to offer!
Table of Contents
Section I: Design
Chapter 1: Designing for iOS 7
Chapter 2: UIKit Dynamics and Motion Effects
Chapter 3: Custom View Controller Transitions
Chapter 4: Beginning Text Kit
Chapter 5: Intermediate Text Kit
Chapter 6: Transitioning to iOS 7‐Quick Start
Chapter 7: Transitioning to iOS 7‐What’s New with Auto Layout
Chapter 8: Transitioning to iOS 7‐Advanced Topics
Section II: What’s New in Xcode 5
Chapter 9: What’s New in Xcode 5
Chapter 10: What’s New in Objective-C and Foundation
Chapter 11: Unit Testing in Xcode 5
Chapter 12: Beginning Source Control in Xcode 5
Chapter 13: Intermediate Source Control in Xcode 5
Chapter 14: Beginning Continous Integration in Xcode 5
Chapter 15: Intermediate Continuous Integration in Xcode 5
Section III: Major New Features
Chapter 16: Networking with NSURLSession
Chapter 17: Beginning Multitasking
Chapter 18: Intermediate Multitasking
Chapter 20: Airdrop
Chapter 21: Peer-to-Peer Connectivity
Section IV: Minor New Features
Chapter 22: What’s New in AV Foundation
Chapter 23: What’s New in MapKit
Chapter 24: What’s New in CoreLocation
Section V: Bonus Chapters
Chapter 25: Beginning Inter-App Audio
Chapter 26: Intermediate Inter-App Audio
Chapter 27: What’s New in PassKit, Part 1
Chapter 28: What’s New in PassKit, Part 2
Chapter 29: Introduction to iAd
- Title: iOS 7 By Tutorials
- Author: Cesare Rocchi, Charlie Fulton, Chris Wagner, Christine Abernathy, Colin Eberhardt, Felipe Laso Marsetti, Greg Heo, Jeremy Olson, Marin Todorov, Matt Galloway, Matthijs Hollemans, Pietro Rea, Soheil Moayedi Azarpour
- Length: 804 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Razeware LLC
- Publication Date: 2014-01-09
- ISBN-10: 0989675106
- ISBN-13: 9780989675109