Familiarize yourself with the basics of Python for engineering and scientific computations using this concise, practical tutorial that is focused on writing code to learn concepts. Introduction to Python is useful for industry engineers, researchers, and students who are looking for open-source solutions for numerical computation.
In this book you will learn by doing, avoiding technical jargon, which makes the concepts easy to learn. First you’ll see how to run basic calculations, absorbing technical complexities incrementally as you progress toward advanced topics. Throughout, the language is kept simple to ensure that readers at all levels can grasp the concepts.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the fundamentals of the Python programming language
- Apply Python to numerical computational programming projects in engineering and science
- Discover the Pythonic way of life
- Apply data types, operators, and arrays
- Carry out plotting for visualization
- Work with functions and loops
Who This Book Is For
Engineers, scientists, researchers, and students who are new to Python. Some prior programming experience would be helpful but not required.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Philosophy of Python
Chapter 2: Introduction to Python Basics
Chapter 3: IPython
Chapter 4: Data Types
Chapter 5: Operators
Chapter 6: Arrays
Chapter 7: Plotting
Chapter 8: Functions and Loops
Chapter 9: Object-Oriented Programming
Chapter 10: Numerical Computing Formalism