The term IoT, which was first proposed by Kevin Ashton, a British technologist, in 1999 has the potential to impact everything from new product opportunities to shop floor optimization to factory worker efficiency gains, that will power top-line and bottom-line gains. As IoT technology is being put to diversified use, the current technology needs to be improved to enhance privacy and built secure devices by adopting a security-focused approach, reducing the amount of data collected, increasing transparency and providing consumers with a choice to opt out. Therefore, the current volume has been compiled, in an effort to draw the various issues in IoT, challenges faced and existing solutions so far.
- Provides an overview of basic concepts and technologies of IoT with communication technologies ranging from 4G to 5G and its architecture.
- Discusses recent security and privacy studies and social behavior of human beings over IoT.
- Covers the issues related to sensors, business model, principles, paradigms, green IoT and solutions to handle relevant challenges.
- Presents the readers with practical ideas of using IoT, how it deals with human dynamics, the ecosystem, the social objects and their relation.
- Deals with the challenges involved in surpassing diversified architecture, protocol, communications, integrity and security.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Iot-Enabled Vision System For Detection Of Tint Level
Chapter 2. Supervised And Semi-Supervised Identification Of Users And Activities From Wearable Device Brain Signal Recordings
Chapter 3. Internet Of Things And Artificial Intelligence: A New Road To The Future Digital World
Chapter 4. Technical And Societal Challenges: Examining The Profound Impacts Of Iot
Chapter 5. Evolution Of Social Iot World: Security Issues And Research Challenges
Chapter 6. User Authentication: Keystroke Dynamics With Soft Biometric Features
Chapter 7. Internet Of Nano-Things Forensics: Performing Digital Forensics In Nanoscale Systems
Chapter 8. Aspects Of Ambient Assisted Living And Its Applications
Chapter 9. Naming Services In The Internet Of Things
Chapter 10. Review On Communication Security Issues In Iot Medical Devices
Chapter 11. Iot Challenges: Security
Chapter 12. Non-Physician Primary Healthcare Workers: Making Wearable Computational Devices And Electronic Health Records Work For Them
Chapter 13. Semantic Technologies For Iot
Chapter 14. Applications Of Iot To Address The Issues Of Children Affected By Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Title: Internet of Things (IoT): Technologies, Applications, Challenges and Solutions
- Length: 368 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: CRC Press
- Publication Date: 2017-10-04
- ISBN-10: 1138035009
- ISBN-13: 9781138035003