Now significantly revised based on student feedback, this best-selling text provides a quick, authoritative review of the most important clinical aspects of neuroanatomy. A new, full-color design highlights the essential information you need to know to excel on course exams and the USMLE Step 1. New objectives begin every chapter, contents have been reorganized and streamlined, and all information has been completely updated. A new Gross Structure chapter lays the foundation for understanding the sectional anatomy in the Atlas chapter, and all terminology is now consistent with Terminologia Anatomica. A companion website offers USMLE-style questions for study and review.
- A concise, streamlined review perfect for course exams or the USMLE Step 1.
- New full-color design and illustrations make the text more visually appealing.
- New objectives in every chapter help you focus on key content.
- Reorganized contents are integrated and combined to group similar topics in a logical, easy-to-review fashion.
- A new Gross Structure chapter lays the foundation for understanding the sectional anatomy in the Atlas chapter.
- All terminology is up-to-date to comply with Terminologia Anatomica.
- Online access to USMLE-style questions for self-assessment and review.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1 Gross Structure of the Brain
CHAPTER 2 Development of the Nervous System
CHAPTER 3 Neurohistology
CHAPTER 4 Blood Supply
CHAPTER 5 Meninges, Ventricles, and Cerebrospinal Fluid
CHAPTER 6 Spinal Cord
CHAPTER 7 Brainstem
CHAPTER 8 Autonomic Nervous System
CHAPTER 9 Cranial Nerves
CHAPTER 10 Trigeminal System
CHAPTER 11 Diencephalon
CHAPTER 12 Auditory System
CHAPTER 13 Vestibular System
CHAPTER 14 Visual System
CHAPTER 15 Limbic System
CHAPTER 16 Basal Nuclei and Extrapyramidal Motor System
CHAPTER 17 Cerebellum
CHAPTER 18 Cerebral Cortex
CHAPTER 19 Cross-Sectional Anatomy of the Brain
CHAPTER 20 Neurotransmitters
APPENDIX I: Table of Cranial Nerves
APPENDIX II: Table of Common Neurological Disease States