The Handbook of Natural Language Processing, Second Edition presents practical tools and techniques for implementing natural language processing in computer systems. Along with removing outdated material, this edition updates every chapter and expands the content to include emerging areas, such as sentiment analysis.
New to the Second Edition
- Greater prominence of statistical approaches
- New applications section
- Broader multilingual scope to include Asian and European languages, along with English
- An actively maintained wiki (http://handbookofnlp.cse.unsw.edu.au) that provides online resources, supplementary information, and up-to-date developments
Divided into three sections, the book first surveys classical techniques, including both symbolic and empirical approaches. The second section focuses on statistical approaches in natural language processing. In the final section of the book, each chapter describes a particular class of application, from Chinese machine translation to information visualization to ontology construction to biomedical text mining. Fully updated with the latest developments in the field, this comprehensive, modern handbook emphasizes how to implement practical language processing tools in computational systems.
- Title: Handbook of Natural Language Processing, 2nd Edition
- Length: 704 pages
- Edition: 2
- Language: English
- Publisher: Chapman and Hall/CRC
- Publication Date: 2010-02-22
- ISBN-10: 1420085921
- ISBN-13: 9781420085921