Weygandt helps corporate managers see the relevance of accounting in their everyday lives. Challenging accounting concepts are introduced with examples that are familiar to them, which helps build motivation to learn the material. Accounting issues are also placed within the context of marketing, management, IT, and finance. The new Do It! feature reinforces the basics by providing quick-hitting examples of brief exercises. The chapters also incorporate the All About You (AAY) feature as well as the Accounting Across the Organization (AAO) boxes that highlight the impact of accounting concepts. With these features, corporate managers will learn the concepts and understand how to effectively apply them.
Table of Contents
1. Accounting in Action.
2. The Recording Process.
3. Adjusting the Accounts.
4. Completing the Accounting Cycle.
5. Accounting for Merchandising Operations.
7. Fraud, Internal Control, and Cash.
8. Accounting for Receivables.
9. Plant Assets, Natural Resources, and Intangible Assets.
11. Corporations: Organization, stock Transactions, Dividends, and Retained Earnings.