This textbook presents digital signal processing (DSP) principles, applications, and hardware implementation issues, emphasizing achievable results and conclusions through the presentation of numerous worked examples, while reducing the use of mathematics for an easier grasp of the concepts.
This text gives students in electronics, computer engineering and bioengineering an understanding of essential DSP principles and implementation, demonstrating how the subject is fundamental to engineering as practiced today.
- Covers DSP principles with emphasis on applications to communications and control.
- Discusses implementation of DSP algorithms in hardware and software
- Chapter Objectives, worked examples, and end of chapter exercises aid the reader in grasping key concepts and solving related problems
- Website with MATLAB programs for simulation and C programs for real-time DSP
New to this Edition:
- MATLAB projects dealing with practical applications added throughout the book
- New chapter (chapter 13) covering subband coding and wavelet transforms, methods that have become popular in the DSP field
- New applications included in many chapters, including applications of DFT to seismic signals, electrocardiography data, and vibration signals
- All real-time C programs revised for the TMS320C6713 DSK