This book is appropriate for both the computer science undergraduate course in 3D graphics programming using OpenGL and for professionals who are interested in mastering 3D graphics skills. It has been designed in a 4-color, “teach-yourself” format with numerous examples that the reader can run just as presented. The book is unique because it teaches OpenGL programming in Java, using JOGL – a standard Java “wrapper” for OpenGL’s native C calls. Includes companion files with source code and images.
- Covers OpenGL 4.0+ shader programming using Java.
- Includes companion files with code, images from the book, and more
- Illustrates every technique with complete running code examples. Everything needed to install JOGL and run every example is provided.
- Includes every GLSL programmable pipeline stage (vertex, tessellation, geometry, and fragment) -- with examples.
- Underlying OpenGL C calls are always exposed – the reader learns them.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Getting Started
Chapter 2 JOGL and the OpenGL Graphics Pipeline
Chapter 3 Mathematical Foundations
Chapter 4 Managing 3D Graphics Data
Chapter 5 Texture Mapping
Chapter 6 3D Models
Chapter 7 Lighting
Chapter 8 Shadows
Chapter 9 Sky and Backgrounds
Chapter 10 Enhancing Surface Detail
Chapter 11 Parametric Surfaces
Chapter 12 Tessellation
Chapter 13 Geometry Shaders
Chapter 14 Other Techniques