- Develop a set of real-world applications each exploring different features of Meteor
- Make your app more appealing by adding reactivity and responsiveness to it
- Work with the most powerful feature of Meteor—the “full stack reactivity”—through building real-time applications with many third party libraries
By the end of the book, you'll have the skills to quickly prototype and even launch your next app idea in a matter of days.
What you will learn
- See how Meteor fits in the modern web application development by using its reactive data system
- Make your front-end behave consistently across environments by implementing a predictable state container with Redux
- Get familiar with React and overview of Angular 2
- Add a map to your application with a real-time geolocation
- Plugin into Meteor social media APIs like Twitter's streaming and Facebook's Messenger
- Add search functionality from scratch to your existing app and data
- Add responsiveness with Bootstrap 4 and Google's Material Design using Less and Sass
- Distribute your data across machines and data centers by adding Apache Cassandra to your existing stack.
- Learn how to scale your microservices with the high performant language neutral framework gRPC.
- Learn how to query multiple data sources using GraphQL.
About the Author
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Installing And Setting Up The Development Environment
Chapter 2. Building A Shopping Cart
Chapter 3. Style Your React Components With Bootstrap And Material Design
Chapter 4. Real-Time Twitter Streaming
Chapter 5. Developing Kanban Project Management Tool
Chapter 6. Build Real-Time Search Application
Chapter 7. Real-Time Maps
Chapter 8. Build A Chatbot With Facebook'S Messenger Platform
Chapter 9. Building Internet Of Things Platform