Step by step and easy to follow, this book describes many of the Java EE 7 specifications and reference implementations, and shows them in action using practical examples. This definitive book also uses the newest version of GlassFish to deploy and administer the code examples.
Written by an expert member of the Java EE specification request and review board in the Java Community Process (JCP), this book contains the best information possible, from an expert’s perspective on enterprise Java technologies.
What you’ll learn
- Get started with the latest version of the Java EE Platform.
- Explore and use the EJB and JPA APIs from entities to session beans to message driven beans, and more.
- Discover web tier development APIs including JSF, Facelets and Expression Language.
- Uncover SOAP web services, RESTful web services, and more available in this latest Java EE.
- Create dynamic user interfaces for your enterprise and transactional Java applications.
Who this book is for
This book is for Java or Spring programmers with some experience and those new to Java EE platform. Architects will also find information about how to layer their Java EE applications.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Java EE 7 at a Glance
Chapter 2. Context and Dependency Injection
Chapter 3. Bean Validation
Chapter 4. Java Persistence API
Chapter 5. Object-Relational Mapping
Chapter 6. Managing Persistent Objects
Chapter 7. Enterprise JavaBeans
Chapter 8. Callbacks, Timer Service, and Authorization
Chapter 9. Transactions
Chapter 10. JavaServer Faces
Chapter 11. Processing and Navigation
Chapter 12. XML and JSon Processing
Chapter 13. Messaging
Chapter 14. SOAP Web Services
Chapter 15. RESTful Web Services
Appendix A. Setting Up the Development Environment