The 3ds Max 2018 - Getting Started with Standard Materials and Lights textbook offers a hands-on exercises based strategy for all those digital artists who have just started working on the 3ds Max [no experience needed] and interested in learning texturing and lighting in 3ds Max. This brilliant guide takes you step-by-step through the whole process of texturing, UV Mapping, and Lighting. From the very first pages, the users of the book will learn how to effectively use 3ds Max for shading and lighting surfaces.
The strength of this book is that it teaches all of the important concepts in an easy to understand language. As the readers move from hands-on exercise to hands-on exercise, they will be building their own portfolio of high quality artwork. One unit of the book presents a foundation of techniques to help you build custom textures, maps, and designs using Photoshop. Videos are provided for the hands-on exercises of this unit.
What are the main features of the book?
- The book is written using 3ds Max 2018 and Photoshop CC 2017 in an easy to understand language.
- Shading, texturing, lighting, and UV mapping techniques covered.
- 49 Hands-on exercises to hone your skills.
- Detailed coverage of tools and features.
- Additional tips, guidance, and advice is provided.
- Important terms are in bold face so that you never miss them.
- Support for technical aspect of the book.
- 3ds Max files and PSDs/textures used are available for download from the accompanying website.
- You will also get access to a ePub file that has the color images of the screenshots/diagrams used in this book. These images will help you to understand the HOEs and output. The ePub file is included with the resources.
Table of Contents
Unit MT1 - Creating Textures in Photoshop
Unit MT2 - Material Editors
Unit MT3 - Standard Materials and Maps
Unit MT4–Physical and Autodesk Materials
Unit ML1: Standard Lighting
Unit ML2: Photometric Lights
Unit ML3: Sunlight and Daylight Systems
Unit MBT - Bonus Hands-on Exercises
Appendix A: Quiz Answers